Position: Executive Director
Annual Salary Range: $90,000 - $95,000
Excellent benefits: retirement plan, personal leave, health care coverage, disability/life insurance, and additional benefits per agency personnel policies.
Background: In July 2010, two organizations with similar missions merged in order to serve more individuals in need of substance abuse, mental health and complementary services. Since the 1970’s, Haven Recovery programs have been committed to caring for the most vulnerable members of our community regardless of income, diagnostic complexity or unique personal characteristics. Haven Recovery is committed to continuing to expand services with a special focus upon the homeless, veterans, women and individuals with co-occurring treatment needs. Haven Recovery Center, a CARF accredited organization, employs 125 staff with a budget of $6.7 million.
The Position: The Center is seeking to identify an Executive Director who will continue to enhance the quality and access to care for the organization’s target populations. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of professional management experience, in-depth knowledge of behavioral health systems, a history of positive relationships with funding agents and policy makers and a personal passion for the organization’s mission.
Minimum Criteria for candidates:
- Masters degree in the behavioral health field, public administration or related area. A Ph.D. in the behavioral health field may be given preference.
- A minimum of 5 years successful experience in executive management of a publicly- funded organization that provides behavioral health services;
- Functional experience and knowledge of substance abuse and mental health statutes, rules and contracts;
- Familiar with public policy and governmental relations related to behavioral health.
- A professional demeanor, highly organized and detail oriented;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability in leading a complex organization;
- Successful experience in working with a governing Board of Directors
- Professional and personal commitment to the mission of Haven Recovery Center
- Current Florida resident.
(Note: Individuals submitting applications without meeting minimum criteria for the position will not be considered)
1). Funding/Resource Development
2) Budget Management
3) Long Term Planning
4) Political Advocacy
5) Personnel Management
6) Contract Compliance
7) Data Analysis/Management Information
8) Public Relations/Fundraising
10) Risk Management / Safety
For more information about Haven Recovery Center, please review the information on this website.
Timetable for receipt of applications, interviews and hiring:
JULY 15, 2011 –Position posted.
SEPTEMBER 15, 2011 – Deadline for receipt of online applications.
FEBRUARY 2012 – On-site interviews with final candidates.
MARCH 15, 2012 - Board selection of Executive Director.
JUNE 1, 2012 – Start date for new Executive Director.
To Apply: Applicants must submit the following information for consideration: Haven Recovery Center application (click), a resume, cover letter, samples of writing skills (journal articles, funding requests, grant submissions, policy papers, etc.), and contact information for six professional references to EDsearch@havenrecoverycenter.org or mail applications to “Executive Search”, P.O. Box 2083, Daytona Beach, FL 32115-2083
HAVEN RECOVERY CENTER IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE – MANDATORY DRUG TESTING REQUIRED. DFWP/EOE. For special accommodations related to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at: (386) 252-4228, ext. 11.